Tuesday, March 15, 2011

My sweet cousins!

Hey everyone, sorry I haven't updated in a while, I have been waiting to hear about the news with Ethiopian adoptions. There was a meeting yesterday so I am hoping to hear something soon. We are trying not to worry and not to get stressed out, but I am so sad for all the families who are already on the waiting list for their children! I couldn't be as calm if I were in their shoes! I know whatever comes next for us will be what God wants so we are being patient.

The point of this post however, is to share with you about my sweet cousins who are raising money for our adoption. Since I first shared our news these girls (and their mom) have been so excited about our new baby and so generous spending their time raising money for us.

One afternoon, they took one of our baby bottles and our newsletter and went door to door in their neighborhood asking for spare change. They made $58, that's alot of change and probably alot of houses too!

They then decided they would have a lemonade stand for us! I loved this idea. Its so sweet that 3 girls their ages would spend their Saturday morning doing something to help others! I had to work so I didn't get to go, but John & Ivy stopped by and said the girls did such a great job. My cousin Gina, the girls mother, took a few pics for me....



We appreciate these girls so much! We are so proud of them and so excited to see what God will use them for throughout their lives. If they are already such cheerful givers at a young age, then I know God is going to use them to big things!

No comments:

Post a Comment